There is plenty to do at the Belper Cottage and volunteers are always needed. If you have the spare time and would like to do some voluntary work with us, please get in contact and ask for Jackie our chairman who knows exactly where volunteers are best needed. Please note that references will be required.
Examples of voluntary work include:
- Office / Secretarial
- Child Contact Centre Assistants (DBS will be applied for)
- Luncheon Club for Older People Assistants
- Raising Awareness within the Community
- Arranging Funding Events and Making Funding Applications
- Running Groups - if you have an idea for a new group please contact us
Volunteering is central to us in that is enables us to continue supporting the local community. We believe that volunteering is important as it not only to help us achieve our aims but it also:
- develops skills and interests;
- develops confidence;
- provides a chance to meet new people and
- enables people to feel they are a part of the community.
We want volunteers to be involved in what we do so that they can contribute their ideas, passion, skills and experience.